I’ve compiled some great resources for you to help you be successful on the Internet.
Great, not free resources
Backblaze – keep your computer backed up off-line for as little as $4 a month per computer. This has been a real life saver for me. Even if you back up to an external hard drive, they can fail too! Believe me it happened to me 3 years ago! Check it out here
Awesome Screenshots – This is my go-to screenshot program. It has a plugin for most browsers.
Lastpass – I cannot live without this! This is a way to generate and securely store all your passwords. The Pro version lets you use it on your phone & tablet too for only $10 a YEAR.
Name Ideas Generator – The hardest part of any project is coming up with a unique name. Name Ideas Generator is a FREE tool that suggests possible domain names based on the keywords you enter. Voila’!
PDFill Free PDF & Image Writer – this is my go-to PDF maker 🙂
Goodsync – Keep the files on two or more computers synchronized. Fast and easy. The Pro version is worth the small price.
Dropbox – For online file sharing and syncing. Great for sending me large or many files! I have the Pro version, but most can get away with the free version.
Evernote – I use MS OneNote because it came with my MS Office 365, but Evernote is a great, free alternative! Keep all your notes in one searchable location, with categories, images, and web-clipping capabilities.
FileZilla – A good basic FTP (file transfer protocol) program for moving files to and from your website host.
Mozilla Thunderbird – A great alternative to Microsoft Outlook.
Tweetdeck – For managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, GoogleBuzz, MySpace and Foursquare social media posts on your desktop computer or mobile device.
These are some companies I recommend to register a domain name. But I most importantly DO NOT recommend GoDaddy under any circumstances any longer!
- https://domains.google – YES! Google offers domains AND custom email services! Privacy is INCLUDED with each domain registered or transferred to them. Yahoo!
- https://www.hover.com – highly recommended AND they offer email service too. Privacy is INCLUDED with each domain registered or transferred to them.
- https://namechk.com – find not only domain names, but any social media names that may be available too
- https://www.namecheap.com/ – very good company.
- www.pairnic.com – great company to register your domain and check availability. You can trust they won’t steal your domain name or over charge you. Privacy is INCLUDED with each domain registered or transferred to them.
- https://whois.icann.org/en – go straight to the issuer of ALL domains. This is a safe place to see if a domain name you want is available or not.
- Google’s Startup Guide for SEO
- How Search Engines Work by Google’s Matt Cutts (Youtube Video)
- Google Analytics Official website
- https://pixabay.com – FREE photos you can use anywhere
If you sell ANYTHING on your site you’re required by most payment gateways to have a Terms of Service Policy clearly on your site.